Job Opportunity for City of Chicago Sprinkler Fittter - (4/21/2018)
The City of Chicago has posted a job opportunity for a Sprinkler Fitter for the City of Chicago. All Journeyman members are invited to apply for this position. To be considered, you must apply online before 4:59 a.m. on Saturday, May 5, 2018.
To assist any members interested in applying for this position, Local 281 will hold an application workshop on Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. at the Union Hall 11900 South Laramie, Alsip, IL 60803.
You must call the Union Office at (708) 597-1800 by 12:00 noon Thursday, April 26, 2018 to register for this workshop. You must bring a laptop, iPad, or tablet (with Wi-Fi capability) to this workshop.
Applications will not be completed with office staff assistance in the Union Hall during regular business hours.
Applications information can be found at the following website:
We have navigated the application website for the City of Chicago for this job posting. In order to complete the online job application you will need to have the following information readily available:
- A valid driver’s license
- A current resume or detailed work history. You can complete an online form detailing your employment history in lieu of a resume. The information that you will need for your employers includes your job title, the company name, address, employment start and end date, supervisor’s name, title, telephone number, job duties, and average hours per week
- Information about your education
- You will need to be a resident of the City of Chicago at the time of employment
- You will need information regarding any trade related certifications that you have received (OSHA, Blaze Master, Hilti, etc.)
- Information for any references that you would like to provide including name, employer, title, telephone number, and email address for these references
While entering information on the online job application, please be certain to click on the “Save and Continue” button on the bottom of each page before you move to another page. Failure to save each page will result in the information for that page being lost and needing to be re-entered. You should also hit the “Save and Continue” button before using the “Back” button on your internet browser.
We will post any additional information regarding this job opportunity if any becomes available. Please check back often for updates.
Show All News Headlines