Blue Cross Blue Shield Class Action Lawsuit
Published on Friday, April 30, 2021
Blue Cross Blue Shield Settlement Claim Form Questions and Answers
Recently, you may have received a “Blue Shield Settlement Notice” and are unsure what it is for or what you need to do. Below are some common questions and answers that you may find helpful.
- What is the Blue Cross Blue Shield settlement I’m hearing about?
Blue Cross Blue Shield (“BCBS”) and certain of its affiliates have proposed settling a class action lawsuit alleging that BCBS and its affiliates violated various antitrust laws. Under the settlement, BCBS will pay $2.67 billion in damages and agree to modify certain of its business practices.
- Why am I receiving a Blue Cross Blue Shield Settlement Notice?
As a participant in the Automatic Sprinkler Local 281, U.A. Welfare Fund you may be one of the people entitled to compensation from BCBS under this settlement. You are receiving the notice that discusses your potential rights under the settlement.
- Does this settlement impact the Welfare Fund?
Yes. The Welfare Fund uses BCBS and its affiliates in the administration of your health plan. The Welfare Fund believes it is eligible to submit a settlement claim form.
- Can I submit a Claim?
Yes, you can, but submitting a claim does not guarantee you will receive any part of the settlement. To do so, you must submit a “Settlement Claim Form,” available at https://www.bcbssettlement.com/.
- What information do I need to submit a Claim?
The claim form asks for some personal information and for some information about the Fund. Most of the questions regarding the Fund may be found in “Section C” of the claim form. Here is some useful information that might help you complete the claim form.
- Item 5.“Name of Employer or Group Entity Through Which You Were Provided Blue Cross Or Blue Shield Insurance.” This the “Automatic Sprinkler Local 281, U.A. Welfare Fund.”
- Item 6.“Mailing Address of Employer or Group Entity.”This is the Fund Office, “11900 S. Laramie Ave., Alsip, IL 60803.”
- Item 7.“Name of Blue Cross or Blue Shield Branded Health Plan.”This is “Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois.”
- Item 8.“Blue Cross or Blue Shield Group #.”The Group Number for the Fund is “P09183.”
- Item 9.“Subscriber ID.”The Subscriber ID is your ID# on your BCBSIL card beginning with “ASF00.”
- Where can I get more information?
The best resource for getting additional information is either going to the settlement’s website at https://www.bcbssettlement.com/ or calling (888) 681-1142. The Welfare Fund is not involved with the administration of this settlement, the website, or phone number.